News and Events
Christmas activity sheets!
Every weekend in December on the run up to Christmas we will share some fun Christmassy activity sheets.
Feel free to use them at home or in schools.
- In November 2021 we will be open Wednesdays and Weekends 11am-4pm.
- Mine tours are at 11am & 1pm on our open days.
- Last entry is 30 minutes before the closing times shown.
- From 1st Dec 2021 until 31st March 2022 we open Weekends & all of the Derbyshire School holidays.
- This means we are open every day of the Xmas holidays from the 26th Dec 2021-9th Jan 2022 – bookings for mine tour places are already being taken (01629 583834)
Our facebook feed should show below. Some privacy extensions will block the feed. In that case you can read it here instead.
The Museum is going to be open for family fun from Boxing Day through into the New Year.
Once we get to the 8th January 2021 we will only be open at the weekends (11am – 4pm) with mine tours at 11am & 1pm.
Call 01629 583834 to book places on the mine tours.
Museum & Mine re-opens from 17th May 2021!
The Museum and Mine are now open every day.
Museum: Open 11am-4pm, no need to book.
Temple Mine: Mine tours at 11am & 1pm daily. We strongly advise you to book in advance as places are strictly limited.
This can be done by ‘phoning 01629 583834 – if it goes to the answer machine please leave a message and we will return your call.
Payment is taken at the time of booking and will only be refunded if we have to close the mine. If you need to change your booking we will try to find an alternative date for you but this cannot be guaranteed.
We look forward to welcoming you very soon!